Frequently Asked Questions
Your spiritual journey is important to us, so we have created a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions for prospective doctoral candidates. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance. Our knowledgeable and courteous administrative staff will gladly assist you with any questions you may have.
- What is Metaphysics?
- Metaphysics is an academically speculative philosophy. As we teach metaphysics, it is spirituality based on decades of spiritual psychology consciousness research. It is a philosophy which honors all religions, spiritual paths, faiths and beliefs.
- What is your history?
- Initially established in 1959 as the Institute of Parapsychology in Beverly Hills, California, byDr. Paul Leon Masters, the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona are private, post-secondary, distance learning theological schools operating under the auspices of the International Metaphysical Ministry. The International Metaphysical Ministry is a non-profit, religious exempt organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Service of the United States. The curriculum of both Universities is strictly non-secular and theological in nature in the Holistic, New Thought, Transcendent, Transpersonal and Mystical branch of Metaphysical Theology.
Both the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona have a history of a curriculum that has been evolving for 56 years. Today, each university stands alone as an independent entity. Under the guidance and leadership of Dr. Paul Leon Masters, the University of Metaphysics applied for, and was granted, the legal right to award non-secular degrees up to the doctoral level in 1976. In 2003, the University of Sedona began operating under the same legal right in the State of Arizona.
- What experience does your organization have?
- Dr. Masters, Founder of the International Metaphysical Ministry University System, which includes the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona, continues to add his 56 years of research and teaching in practically all phases of metaphysics from A to Z – alchemy and astrology to Zen and Zoroastrianism.
- Does your organization have a long-standing reputation?
- The International Metaphysical Ministry University System enjoys an unblemished history of over half a century.
- Does the organization reflect your integrity?
- Our intention has always been to bring further legitimacy to the metaphysical field to ensure that higher metaphysical education and metaphysical spirituality may gain further acceptance in the world.
- Why do you have two universities in your system?
- We offer doctoral degrees through the University of Sedona, in addition to the University of Metaphysics, for two reasons. First, our Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D. program is exclusive to the University of Sedona. Second, some students live in communities, or parts of the world, where the word metaphysics is not understood or accepted.
- Do the universities offer a successful, relevant spiritual education?
- Our University System has more ordained metaphysical ministers and metaphysical practitioners than any metaphysical university in the world.
- What is the size of the university?
- Our University System has thousands graduates who serve as ministers, teachers, counselors, and coaches in over 120 countries.
- Who is your Founder and current Dean?
- Dr. Paul Leon Masters is the Founder, President, Chief Operating Officer and Dean of the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona.
- What makes you different from other metaphysical schools?
- Longevity: Since 1959 – an ever expanding curriculum with the very finest consciousness researched curriculum anywhere, which is based on decades of consciousness research conducted with thousands of students and graduates
- World’s Largest metaphysical degree University
- A Presence in 120 Countries with students and graduates worldwide
- For Decades a pioneer in self-paced distance learning
- What are your admission requirements?
Admission requirements are as follows:
- An interest in metaphysics and a genuine desire to help others
- 18 years of age
Note: We will consider students 16 years of age, if they can comprehend the study materials and have the ability to write a thesis and dissertation.
- The minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent
- If you don’t have a high school diploma, adequate adult work experience and English language comprehension are required.
- No felony convictions
- What degree programs do you offer?
- We offer degrees that are non-secular and theological in nature — bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, which emphasize bringing forth a persons innate God-given potential, for whole person life improvement.
- What does the curriculum offer?
- The life improving, consciousness expanding coursework written by Dr. Paul Leon Masters includes a synthesis of holistic, metaphysical, transcendent, esoteric, transpersonal, psychical, psychological, yogic and mystical lessons blended masterfully together. The coursework can be applied in practical ways to improve individual lives, society and humanity.
- What can the program do for me?
- We believe that it is ultimately God’s Presence within an individual that is his or her ultimate teacher and source of knowledge, not only for themselves, but what they will pass onto others through teaching, counseling, coaching, wellness work and ministry. Our educational curriculum is for the purpose of helping our students find the door within their own consciousness where true wisdom – God-directed – resides. Our degree programs will give you the spiritual tools and resources to help and empower yourself and to help and empower others.
- What does the Bachelor’s Degree Program consist of?
- The Bachelor in Metaphysical Science, B.Msc., is awarded through the University of Metaphysics and includes the Ordained Ministers Program. This segment consists of 48 modules with a pass/fail grading system. Along with obtaining your Bachelor’s in Metaphysical Science degree through the University of Metaphysics, you also earn your Ordained Metaphysical Minister’s certificate and Practitioner’s diploma.
- What does the Master’s Degree Program consist of?
- The Master in Metaphysical Science, M.Msc., is awarded through the University of Metaphysics. This segment consists of 18 modules with a pass/fail grading system and also requires the submission of a thesis with a minimum of six thousand words. Your topic must relate to at least one of the subjects covered in either the bachelors or master’s modules.
- What does the Doctoral Degree Program consist of?
- The doctoral degree program requires the submission of a dissertation with a minimum of ten thousand words to a maximum of twenty-five thousand words. The topic must be in alignment with your selected doctoral degree specialty. Your doctoral degree can be earned through either the University of Metaphysics or the University of Sedona.
- Can I obtain my bachelor’s and master’s degree through the University of Sedona?
- No, the bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in Metaphysical Science are offered exclusively through the University of Metaphysics.
- Can I choose either the University of Metaphysics or the University of Sedona to obtain my doctoral degree?
- Can I enroll for a doctoral degree from the outset, or do I have to earn one degree at a time?
- Although you typically do earn one degree at a time, enrollment assumes a desire to achieve a doctoral diploma from an array of specialties of your choosing.
- How long does it take to obtain a doctoral degree?
- Since we are a distance learning university, you can earn your degrees at your own pace. That being said, on average it takes between 1-2 years to complete one of our doctoral degree programs with the option to accelerate the studies. Note that these are averages. Some graduates complete the doctoral requirements sooner while some take longer. It mainly depends on the amount of time and effort you can set aside to complete the program you selected at enrollment.
- Can I change my doctoral degree specialty?
- Yes, you can change your selected specialty at any time before submitting your doctoral dissertation.
- Can I complete an additional doctoral degree specialization?
- Yes, you can, once you have completed your initial doctoral degree program.
- What is required to complete an additional doctoral degree specialization?
- A dissertation submission is required along with the additional tuition for the second doctoral degree.
- What can I do with my degrees?
- You can follow a multitude of metaphysical and spiritual careers by becoming, for example, a doctor, life coach, counselor, metaphysical practitioner, wellness practitioner or minister. By attaining a doctoral career, you will be helping others to improve their lives through Holistic, New Thought, Transcendental, Transpersonal, Mystical Metaphysical Awareness and Practices.
Degrees earned from our University Systems will also give you credibility and legitimacy in the metaphysical field, so you will have the opportunity to earn a living, utilizing the spiritual gifts and talents you were bestowed with.
- Do I have to attend a campus?
- All our programs are distance learning, which you complete from the comfort of your home. You have the flexibility and freedom to structure your studies according to your life commitments and circumstances. You can choose to study with hard copy materials or downloadable electronic materials.
- How do I connect with other students and graduates?
- You can connect using out social media platform or through our graduate directories: The American Metaphysical Doctors Association and the Professional Metaphysical Directory.
- Do I have to complete the doctoral program within a specific time frame?
- You have the option to take as long as you need, just as you have the option to accelerate your studies. You can opt to take a sabbatical at any time, just as you can opt to stop at a degree level and continue on at a later time. It is entirely up to you.
- Can I afford the tuition?
- As it is our intention to make the tuition affordable for everybody, you can currently enroll with our non-qualifying scholarship program that is available to all prospective students. This scholarship offers no-interest payment plans to fit every budget.
- How is your scholarship program funded?
- It is funded by our Alumni Association (graduates who previously enrolled with a scholarship and want to pass their gift forward to others).
- How much will a scholarship save me?
- You will save 80% off the total tuition cost.
- When will the scholarship program expire?
- The Scholarship Program is evaluated every two weeks to determine whether funds are available to extend the scholarship program.
- What are your scholarship tuition plans?
We have three tuition plans available for all students requesting downloadable electronic format (PDF) study materials.
You can enroll with a little as $90.00 for your initial payment with 48 monthly tuition payments of $25.00, for a total tuition of $1,290.00.
- You can choose $290.00 initial payment with 20 monthly tuition payments of $50.00, for a total tuition of $1,290.00.
- A third option is $990.00 prepayment. (You save an additional $300.00 by prepaying your tuition.)
These tuition plans are also available to students who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, with the following additional shipping and handling charge:
- For students residing in the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, the charge is $100.
- For students residing outside of the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, the charge is $150.
- What if I want hard copies of the study materials?
- For students residing in the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, there is an additional shipping and handling charge of $100.
- For students residing outside of the United States who want to receive the study materials in hard-copy format, there is an additional shipping and handling charge of $150.
- Is the tuition all inclusive?
- The tuition is inclusive from the bachelor’s degree program through to the completion of the doctoral degree program, regardless of how long it takes you to complete the entire program.
- Can I increase my monthly tuition payments?
- You are welcome to increase your monthly tuition payments or make additional tuition payments at any time.
- Can I make tuition payments online?
- Yes, you can make tuition payments through our secure payments link or online student center.
- Are there additional fees?
- You are only required to pay $60.00 for the annual affiliation with the International Metaphysical Ministry once you have completed the bachelors degree program and have become a minister.
- How many graduates do you have?
- There are over ten thousand graduates in 120 countries worldwide.
- How many students do you have?
- There are currently over five thousand active students worldwide.
- Where are you located?
- Our University System administration office and student service and support center is located in Sedona, Arizona.
- Where are your classrooms located?
- We are a distance learning degree university. You can take your courses at home or on the road, wherever you please.
- Are you federally accredited?
The US Department of Education, by law, can neither praise, credit, discredit, nor accredit a non-secular institution of Higher Consciousness/Spiritual Education. Therefore, we offer the following list of points for consideration by individuals when choosing an institution in which to pursue their Higher Consciousness Spiritual Education:
- Size: Ministers, teachers, counselors, and coaches in over sixty-five countries
- Success: More ordained metaphysical ministers than any metaphysical ministry in the world
- Experience: Dr. Paul Masters, Founder of the International Metaphysical Ministry University system, has 56 years of research and teaching experience in an addition to an administrative staff with many years of metaphysical experience and background
- Long-Standing Reputation: An unblemished history of over half a century
- Who are you accredited by?
- The International Metaphysical Ministry engaging in private post-secondary, distance learning religious education is the parent body of the University of Metaphysics and the University of Sedona and has the full legal right to award diplomas and degrees to its graduates. The degrees are awarded in regard to professional ministerial work done in relation to teachings, directly or indirectly associated with the information appearing within the ministry modules. More information on accreditation.
- Do I have the legal right to use my degree?
- Graduates have the full legal right to use doctoral titles awarded in conjunction with the ministerial status conferred, as long as good standing is maintained with the International Metaphysical Ministry.
- What is required to maintain a good standing with the International Metaphysical Ministry?
- You are required to keep your annual affiliation with the International Metaphysical Ministry current and submit monthly minister reports, if you have an active ministry, whether that ministry is expressed in counseling, coaching, wellness etc.
- How much is the annual affiliation with the International Metaphysical Ministry?
- Why do I have to pay an annual affiliation?
- The International Metaphysical Ministry gives accreditation to the degree programs and gives you the legal right to use your degrees and titles. Your degree status is contingent upon maintaining a good standing status with the International Metaphysical Ministry.
- Do I have to be a minister?
- You have the option to be either an active or inactive minister with the International Metaphysical Ministry.
- If I decide to utilize my ministerial status, what does this entitle me to do?
- As an ordained minister with the International Metaphysical Ministry, you are legally entitled to perform all the rites as practiced by the International Metaphysical Ministry.
- Is the International Metaphysical Ministry recognized?
- The International Metaphysical Ministry is recognized throughout the United States and worldwide on an outstanding reputation built over decades.
- How many active ministers are there worldwide?
- There are six thousand active ministers worldwide. The International Metaphysical Ministry, representing all faiths, religions and spiritual paths, is the largest ministry and spiritual organization of its kind in the world.
- What if I belong to another ministry?
- You can belong to any other ministry. You are allowed the freedom to minister and teach according to your individual and unique insights, understanding and talent. The one provision is that the basic metaphysical teachings of the organization and its founder continue to be an integral part of what is shared with the public.
- Do I still have to submit monthly minister reports if I am not an active minister?
- No, but we require a letter for your student file confirming your inactive status.
- When are degrees awarded and diplomas issued?
- Bachelors Degree – when study requirements are completed, tuition is one-third paid, and your Affiliation is current
Master’s Degree – when study requirements are completed, tuition is two-thirds paid, and your Affiliation is current
Doctoral Degree – when study requirements are completed, tuition is paid in full, and your Affiliation is current
- When do I begin my studies?
- You can begin as soon as we process your enrollment forms and you receive your study materials. It is all at your own pace.
- How do I enroll?
- You can enroll in 3 easy steps through our secureenrollment link.
- You also have the option to print off enrollment forms and either mail, fax or email them to the University.
- How long does it take to process my enrollment?
- It usually takes 24 hours to process your enrollment; or, if you enroll during the weekend, you will receive your enrollment confirmation on Monday.
- How do I receive my study materials?
- You will receive your study materials via United States Postal Service – Priority Mail (signature confirmation required) or International Priority Mail.
- Will I receive all my study materials at one time?
- You will receive all your study materials in one shipment.
- Do I have the option of receiving my study materials electronically?
- Yes, you have the option to receive all your study materials electronically as downloadable PDF files.
- Will I have to take tests and quizzes like any other university?
- Yes, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in the subject matter you have selected to study. Should you not meet our proficiency levels, you are allowed to take our tests and quizzes as many times as necessary to reach proficiency.
- How do I submit my coursework?
- You have the option to submit your work electronically or through the mail.
- Do I need to purchase additional study books?
- No. Everything you need to complete the bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degrees is contained within your study materials, except for any research materials you choose for your thesis and doctoral dissertation.
- Will I receive assistance with my studies if I have questions?
- If needed, you will receive assistance throughout the program on a personal one-on-one basis. Faculty and administrative staff members are available by email and telephone. You will also have access to our Thesis/Dissertation Professor.
- Will I receive guidelines to help with my thesis and dissertation composition?
- Sample theses and dissertations are available to view on our Online Center, plus you will receive a Master’s Thesis Handbook and a Doctoral Dissertation Handbook with your study materials.
- Do you offer additional tools and resources to help with my studies?
Yes, you have access to:
- Dr. Masters’Daily Improve Your Life Audio Message
- Dr. Masters’Weekly Video Broadcast
- Dr. Masters’Mystical Insights
- Dr. Masters’Voice of Meditation
Previous broadcasts are also available in DVD and CD formats.
- Will you help me to promote my services?
- We offer graduate directories for a yearly fee: The American Metaphysical Doctors Association and the Professional Metaphysical Directory, where you can list the services you provide as well as your contact information. We will also publicize your ministry or spiritual specialties for free with your own web page through our Graduates In Action website.
- Do I have to attend an official graduation ceremony to receive my degrees?
- Once your degrees are awarded, you will receive your diplomas in the mail. However, you have the opportunity to participate in a formal cap and gown graduation, held approximately every two years. Our next convention and formal cap and gown ceremony took place inSedona, May 2016.
Thank you! We extend our gratitude for your intention to make a difference.
Yours in Martialyogarts,
Prof.Dr.Dibyendu Kumar Nag.(N.D).PhD.DCO.MD.PsC.D.Min
Contact Us: 091.9874741567
E-Mail: [email protected]